One of the most beneficial vitamins for skin and hair health is Vitamin E. It is an antioxidant that helps protect the body’s cells that keeps them young and protects against sun damage. Vitamin E is extremely important for keeping the skin healthy and young. In this article, I will describe how this essential vitamin helps the body and hair, and also how you can have the daily requirement of your body.
Vitamin E keeps the hair shiny and beautiful. It keeps the scalp and hair healthy. It helps reduce oxidative stress in the scalp, which is the cause of hair loss. It also increases blood supply, which leads to hair growth and health. Forming a protective barrier on the surface of the skin, it keeps in moisture and prevents dry and irritated skin. It is available in natural food and also in capsule form as a supplement and is very often added to cosmetic products.
Using Vitamin E for Hair Growth
We know that Vitamin E has tremendous advantages for skin and hair. This is how you can keep up with the Vitamin E that your body requires daily.
- Eat a balanced diet: Vitamin E is naturally found in some food items. Eating a well balanced diet thus is the easiest way to absorb Vitamin E in your body. Some of the food sources rich in vitamin E are green vegetables, peanuts, sunflower seeds, and almonds; vegetable oils like olive oil, sprouts, avocado, and so on. Eat Vitamin E rich food and you won’t need supplements.
- Take a supplement: If you still feel that your skin needs extra nourishment, you can take Vitamin E capsules, which are available easily in chemist shops. The recommended dosage is 400 IU of vitamin E supplements daily. Do consult a doctor first, because excess vitamin E intake can result is bad side effects.
- Shampoos Containing Vitamin E: Many shampoos contain Vitamin E, which gives shine to your hair. Choose a mild shampoo free from chemicals. Regular care of hair with masks, oils and Vitamin E fortified cosmetic preparations will give lustre to your hair.
- Vitamin E Oil: Oils containing Vitamin E can also be used for your hair. Olive oil, coconut oil and almond oil with Vitamin E are easily available. Apply the oil and leave it on your scalp overnight if possible, otherwise for a few hours. Wash it with a mild shampoo. The Vitamin E oil will rejuvenate damaged hair follicles and strengthen the hair roots. You can use natural oils that are rich in Vitamin E such as avocado oil and palm oil also.
- Use Hair Masks: Use a hair mask containing Vitamin E and apply it to your hair and scalp. Leave it on for some time before washing it. The Vitamin E will moisturise your hair and heal the damaged hair. The dry and rough hair will become smooth and silky by this application!
Eating a well balanced diet is therefore crucial for healthy hair. Include in your diet lots of Vitamin E rich foods such as green vegetables, eggs, and fish to get your daily requirement of vitamin E. If the skin is listless and the hair is dull, then you can take supplements containing the vitamin. Medical advice is necessary because supplements can result in excess of vitamin E, which can be dangerous. Be careful not to overdose yourself: high levels of vitamin E can have adverse effects on the thyroid, weaken bones and cause other problems. Excess of it may cause headache and dizziness, irritable skin and even nausea and diarrhoea.
Hair preparations containing vitamin E can be applied directly to the scalp. Let the oil stay for some time or preferably overnight before washing your hair. Among the many advantages of vitamin E are that it normalizes oil production on the scalp. Excess oil production on the scalp causes hair loss and baldness. Vitamin E provides the moisture to the scalp and calms the sebaceous glands and also balances the pH levels. It helps in regulating blood circulation as well and provides nourishment to the hair. This, in turn, helps hair growth and conditions the hair. It will fight dryness, making the hair strong and smooth. Remember to include Vitamin E rich foods in your daily diet!