We have always stressed the importance of a good, nourishing and regular diet for beautiful hair and skin. What you eat reflects on your body. It is also a way of acquiring beauty from within – which is much better than applying cosmetics, which give only an outward glow.
In this post, I will describe the importance of eating fruits for glowing skin and hair. Fruits are natural, easily available, and do wonders for your skin and hair. They are also good if you are on a diet. Fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals and keep your skin young and glowing. Your hair will remain shiny with and the hair-fall will decrease if you are suffering from the condition. So do develop a fruit eating habit for your health and beauty.
- Bananas: Bananas are essential source of potassium, magnesium, pectin and other beneficial minerals. They contain natural vitamins A, C and E, which are essential items for skin and hair. Vitamin A helps in maintaining health of the hair, as it speeds up sebum production. Sebum rejuvenates the scalp and makes the hair shiny and beautiful. Eating a banana every day gives your hair the essential nutrition it needs. Not only this, bananas can also be mashed and used for skin and hair treatment. A common hair mask is made by blending a mashed banana with olive oil and applying to the skin or scalp, and washed off after about 30 minutes. This treatment restores natural oils to the scalp and skin. In this way you can get shiny hair and remove ageing effects on the skin. Vitamin C rejuvenates the skin and builds inner immunity.
- Apples: It is rightly said that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” Apples help in hair growth and apple juice applied to the head to get rid of dandruff. This fruit has a number of vitamins and antioxidants, and is rich in biotin that strengthens hair follicles. It is good for skin too: apple juice can be added to bathwater and the results will show in clean and smooth, acne-free skin. Use apples as conditioner for the hair and toner for the skin. Eating apples as a tasty snack helps inner health.
- Pineapple: Rich in vitamin C, pineapple has many properties including fighting diseases and aiding digestion. It is also rich in beta carotene and Vitamin A, which helps in improving scalp health. It is also a skin emollient, which removes dark spots and softens the skin.
- Oranges: Rich in Vitamin C, the orange helps in getting healthy and shiny hair. It is a natural antioxidant. Vitamin C also helps in retaining Vitamin A and E in the skin. Oranges also provide beta-carotene and essential minerals for hair growth.
- Grapes: Grape seed oil is a known remedy for hair fall. Try it to see its benefits for yourself. Apart from that, grapes contain vitamins and antioxidants that result in a healthy scalp. Eat grapes regularly and also use grape seed oil to get rid of all your hair problems. Grapes contain vitamins and antioxidants and eating them will give you good health and also rejuvenate your body.
- Lemons: The lemon is a wonder fruit. It contains so many qualities that it is used in a wide range of cosmetics the world over. Lemon juice is a remedy for itchy scalp and stubborn dandruff. Lemon peels, chopped and soaked in hair oil is used to massage the scalp and hair to get rid of dandruff and get shiny hair. Lemon juice is also used to sanitize combs and brushes. They are also good for the skin: adding some lemon juice in the bathwater keeps the body refreshed. Scars, dark circles and acne can be removed by using lemon rinds and slices.
- Papaya: Papaya is a great fruit for skin health. It has natural vitamin A and enzymes. Used as a face pack, it exfoliates and removes dead skin, leaving behind a glowing, healthy and smooth skin.
- Peaches: It is not for nothing that you will find peach cold creams and peach shampoos in the market. For soft and glowing skin, a face pack of peach and yogurt is used. The peach helps in growth of hair, and contains biotin. This enhances the natural oils in the scalp, keeping the hair strong. Peach kernel oil is also used for hair growth and strength. Eating peaches regularly will reduce your hair fall.
- Amla: An excellent source of Vitamin C, you will find it is extensively used in hair oils and shampoos. This is because it enriches hair pigmentation. If you have premature grey hair, amla is for you! Eating amla builds immunity and promotes rich, luxurious hair.
- Guava: A great source of Vitamin A, it helps in hair growth and scalp health. Guava also stimulates the mucous membranes thereby getting rid of dandruff and a. A mash of guava, honey and lemon is used as a scalp mask: used regularly it will help you get rid of dandruff and hair fall will be a thing of the past.
With so many good qualities, it makes sense to include fruits in your diet every day. They strengthen the body from inside, giving you inner beauty. Applied to the skin and scalp, they do wonders for your beauty.